Tuesday, December 18, 2012
Seven FCPS Student Publications Named Crown Award Finalists by CSPA
Seven Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) student publications have been named finalists for the Scholastic Crown Awards 2013, sponsored by Columbia Scholastic Press Association (CSPA). Finalists will receive either a Gold or Silver Crown Award at CSPA’s spring convention in New York City in March 2013.
Crown Award finalists in the High School Newspaper category are:
· The A-Blast, Annandale High School, Alan Weintraut, adviser.
· The Purple Tide, Chantilly High School, Brett Zinger, adviser.
· H2N, Hayfield Secondary School, Marge Craig, adviser.
Crown Award finalists in the High School Yearbook category are:
· The Clan, McLean High School, Meaghan Percival, adviser.
· Paragon, Oakton High School, Lauren Luna, adviser.
· Techniques, Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology, Erinn Harris, adviser.
Crown Award finalist in the Middle School Yearbook category is:
· Sentry, Robinson Secondary School, Pat Hinman, adviser.
A total of 1,344 print, digital, and hybrid publications, magazines, and yearbooks published during the 2011-12 academic year were eligible to compete in the 2013 Crown Awards program.
Note: For more information, contact the FCPS Department of Communications and Community Outreach at 571-423-1200.