Tuesday, November 27, 2012
Citizens Invited to Provide Input for FCPS Superintendent Search (UPDATE)
The Fairfax County School Board is inviting citizens to attend one of eight community forums in December to discuss the leadership criteria for selecting the next superintendent for Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS). Superintendent Jack D. Dale is retiring on June 30, 2013, and the search firm Hazard, Young, Attea and Associates will be gathering community input at the meetings as part of the process of searching for a new superintendent.
The following community forums are open to any member of the community and will begin at 7 p.m. in the school cafeteria, except at Robinson, where the meeting will be held in the recital hall:
· Monday, December 3, at South County High School.
· Tuesday, December 4, at Langley High School.
· Wednesday, December 5, at Chantilly High School (new location).
· Wednesday, December 5, at Robinson Secondary School.
· Thursday, December 6, at Annandale High School.
· Thursday, December 6, at Groveton Elementary School (new location).
Additionally, two community forums will be held at the Gatehouse Administration Center on Thursday, December 6, at 10 a.m. and on Friday, December 7, at 1 p.m.
Spanish and Korean interpreters will be available at the forums.
Parents and citizens are also encouraged to complete an online survey. More details on the superintendent search can also be found online.
Note: For more information, contact the FCPS Department of Communications and Community Outreach at 571-423-1200.