Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Five FCPS Students Named to U.S. Army All-American Marching Band
Five high school seniors from Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) have been named to the U.S. Army All-American Marching Band, which will be featured during the U.S. Army All-American Bowl in San Antonio on January 5, 2013.
FCPS students who will perform with the U.S. Army All-American Marching Band are:
· Stephen Smith of South County High School, battery percussion.
· Robert Ends of Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (TJHSST), colorguard.
· Varun Kripanandan of TJHSST, keyboard percussion.
· Arjun Malhotra of TJHSST, clarinet.
· Ki Woong Nam of TJHSST, clarinet.
During the week prior to the game, the students will travel to Texas to rehearse and learn a halftime show. Over 1,200 students auditioned for the 125 spots in the band over the summer.
A live webcast of the final dress rehearsal for the event can be viewed at www.bandirector.com on January 4, 2013 from 5 to 8 p.m. CST.
Note: For more information, contact the FCPS Department of Communications and Community Outreach at 571-423-1200.