Friday, July 13, 2012
FCPS Captures 25 Publication and Electronic Awards From NSPRA
Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) has captured 25 publication and electronic media awards in the 2012 Publications and Electronic Media Contest sponsored by the National School Public Relations Association (NSPRA).
The following publications and media received the Award of Excellence:
· ERFC (Educational Employees' Supplementary Retirement System of Fairfax County) 2010 Annual Reportin the Annual Reports category.
· Priority School Initiative, a branded collection of media for school staff to use help close the achievement gap, in the Branding/Image Package category.
· Parent Information Line, an informational piece promoting a 24- hour parent line in multiple languages, in the Branding/Image Package category.
· FCPS Honors, a program booklet that recognizes outstanding FCPS employees, in the Branding/Image Package category.
· Join Us, a marketing piece to recruit new teachers, in the Marketing Publications category.
· Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology applicant publication in the Marketing Publications category.
· FCPS Parent Resource Center brochure, promoting parent participation whose children have special needs, in the Special Purpose Publication category.
· Observe Like a Scientist, a science curriculum book for kindergarten students, in the Special Purpose Publication category.
· Fairfax County Regional Science and Engineering Fair poster to encourage student participation in the fair in the Special Purpose Publication category.
· Apprenticeship Catalog, highlighting programs and courses that help students enter careers via classroom and on-the-job training, in the Special Purpose Publication category.
· The FCPS 2011-12 Handbook in theHandbook category.
· Familygram, the FCPS parent newsletter, in the External Electronic Newsletter category.
The following publications and media received the Award of Merit:
· The Shadower Knows campaign to encourage job shadowing in the FCPS Department of Information Technology in the Branding/Image/Package and Calendar category.
· Fashion Camp marketing package to promote a summer camp for FCPS students in the Branding/Image/Package and Calendar category.
· Institute for the Arts Catalog in the Branding/Image/Package and Calendar category.
· CTE Calendar, highlighting the successes of Career and Technical Education alumni, in the Branding/Image/Package and Calendar category.
· Insight #8 TV show, featuring stories on Edison Academy, Sunrise Valley Elementary School, Cedar Lane School, and interviews with Superintendent Jack D. Dale and Chantilly High School teacher Karen Molloy, in the Audiovisual Media category.
· SchoolScene #8 TV show, featuring winter holiday-themed stories from Franklin Sherman Elementary School, Fairview Elementary School, Silverbrook Elementary School, Annandale Terrace Elementary School, Fort Belvoir Elementary School, and Flint Hill Elementary School, as well as events at Colvin Run, Dogwood, Lynbrook, Springfield Estates, and West Springfield Elementary Schools, Langley High School, and Marshall Academy, in the Audiovisual Media category.
· What’s in a Name? TV segments in the Audiovisual Media category.
· Common Grounds agenda, for an event designed for business partners to meet with the superintendent, in the Special Purpose Publications category.
· Supergram, the FCPS employee newsletter, in the internal electronic newsletter category.
· State of the Schools Annual Report in the annual report category.
· State of the Schools Inserts for the Connection Newspapers in the external print newsletter category.
The following publications received an Honorable Mention:
· 2011 Leadership Conference Program in the Branding/Image and Package category.
· Math Instructional Poster in the Branding/Image and Package category.
More than 700 entries were received for the 2012 contest. In the publications contest, 105 received Awards of Excellence, 124 received Awards of Merit, and 151 received Honorable Mentions. Of the 98 entries in the audiovisual contest, 13 received Awards of Excellence, 31 received Awards of Merit, and 41 received Honorable Mentions.
Note: For more information, contact the FCPS Department of Communications and Community Outreach at 571-423-1200.