Thursday, May 03, 2012
FCPS Students Named National Winners in Quill and Scroll Contest
Five Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) students have been named National Award Gold Key winners in contests sponsored by the American Society of Newspaper Editors (ASNE) and Quill and Scroll, the international honor society of high school journalists.
In the 2012 International Writing and Photo Contest, the following students were named winners:
· Noah Fitzgeral of Annandale High School for Editorial Writing.
· Patricia O’Neill of Annandale High School for In-Depth Individual Reporting.
· Amy Ahn of Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (TJHSST) for Feature Story.
· Rabia Idrees of TJHSST for Editorial.
· Colleen Marshall of TJHSST for News Story.
A total of 3,039 entries were received in 12 categories; approximately 10 percent of all entries were selected as national winners. As seniors, gold key winners are eligible to apply for one of the Edward J. Nell or George and Ophelia Gallup Memorial Scholarships in Journalism.
Note: For more information, contact the FCPS Department of Communications and Community Outreach at 571-423-1200.